Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Angel Baby

My little girl is my first born. She turned eight this year, and she can sure be a handful! I can't believe how fast the time flies by, though. It seems like just yesterday, I was holding my Angel Baby in my arms for the first time. Instead, she is growing up right before my very eyes.

She has really given us a lesson in not taking things for granted. Who'd have thought that someone could be allergic to yellow food coloring? And who'd have thought that yellow food coloring is in every color except for blue? We often take for granted the things that we can eat or drink or touch, without ever having to give it a second thought. My Angel Baby can eat and drink things with the dyes in it, but she can't get the dyes on her skin.

Her skin is the most sensitive skin that I have ever seen. She breaks out so easily, which has led to a long list of fears for her. She is afraid to let anything new- lotions, make-up, whatever- touch her skin. However, she has recently taken an interest in boys. My little girl who used to be terrified of even the slightest dot of lipstick has been trying to sneak out of the house wearing eye shadow!

I'm not sure I am prepared for her to be growing up so quickly. I hope that I can keep some little piece of my baby girl for just a little while longer.

Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment