Friday, August 17, 2007

Dolphins

I have always had a fascination with dolphins. They are just such amazing creatures! About ten years ago, I got to experience a dream unlike any other.

I went on a cruise with my best friend and my parents. As an excursion, I was given the chance to go on a dolphin encounter. I didn't waste time or think twice about spending the money for this excursion.

The group that went on the excursion was taken to The Blue Lagoon, where there were several dolphins. Many had been rescued during storms, and one of those had appeared in the movie version of Flipper. As we sat on a dock with our feet in the water, one of the workers got in the water with a dolphin, only about five feet from us, and explained all about dolphins. We were able to play with the dolphin, and before we left, we were able to get in the water and hold the dolphin for a picture with it.

What a wonderful memory that little trip gave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment