Saturday, August 18, 2007

Feeling Helpless

One of my friends is going through a very rough time right now. Actually, two of them are. One is battling leukemia, and the other is his wife. These are the closest friends that my husband and I have. They are our children's godparents, and they play an important role in our life.

A little over a month ago, the husband was given three to six months. He looked so good for the first few weeks that it was hard to believe it. He has gone downhill fast, though. Tonight, he was rushed to the hospital with shallow breathing and horrible skin coloring. Things aren't looking good.

I feel like I should be at the hospital, offering a shoulder for my friend to cry on, just being there for emotional support for both of them, and for their families. Instead, I am sitting by the phone waiting, at my friend's request, for a phone call letting me know what is going on.

I just feel so helpless. I need to be there. I need to be doing something, anything. All I can do is say and prayer and send out prayer requests, but it still doesn't seem like enough. I just don't know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment