Monday, September 24, 2007

Have you discovered Freecycle?

About three years ago, a friend introduced me to Freecycle. Freecycle, a site run through Yahoo groups, is designed to help recycle things and keep them out of landfills. You never know what you're going to find being given away, and you never know what you might be able to get rid of.

I've received such things as furniture, clothing, and books. I've given away clothing, toys, even empty baby food jars. Whenever I clean my cabinets, you can bet I'm listing my unwanted canned goods within just a few minutes. All items on Freecycle are completely free. You just have to be willing to pick it up yourself, and it's all done locally.

I really love how Freecycle works, and I recommend it to everyone, no matter if they have a need to save money or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment