Thursday, September 20, 2007

I like myspace

I hear a lot of people fussing about myspace, always quick to point out the negatives. That's because only the negatives make it to the news. What people don't get to see is the positives.

For example, myspace has helped me reconnect with several friends from school that I thought were long gone. Unlike classmates.com or reunion.com, myspace is free. I don't have to pay an outrageous yearly fee in hopes of finding someone that I'm not guaranteed to find. With myspace, that person still might not be there, but at least I'm not having to pay for it.

It's also a great way to connect with family and friends that I don't get to see very often. My brother lives in Japan, but he is able to see the pictures and updates I put on my profile. He knows what my kids are up to, how big they are getting, etc. While I can do that with email, myspace makes it easier to share the info with everyone I know at the same time, and still be able to send private messages to any of the members I want.

I know many televisions shows, musicians, and artists of every form have found the benefits of myspace. It's great for networking, which can be a valuable form of advertisement.

So before you knock myspace, why not check out the benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment