Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I put some new shoes on...

I love the Paolo Nutini's song, New Shoes. The song came to my mind this morning as I put on my new bowling shoes to prepare for league bowling. My old shoes had gotten quite worn, and I was afraid I would fall just about every time I took my turn. It's amazing what new bowling shoes can do to improve a bowling score.

In recent weeks, my bowling scores had been lower than usual. My average going into today was 104. My first game this morning, I managed a 153- the highest score I've ever managed while bowling for league. In fact, with the exception of a 174 I bowled one time when I was out with friends and family, it is the highest score I've ever managed.

Needless to say, the New Shoes song holds some truth about how a different pair of shoes can turn things around.

No comments:

Post a Comment