Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's so easy

One of my friends recently lost a lot of important pictures and documents when her computer crashed. It made me worry a little about what would happen if my computer ever crashed. I mean, I have a ton of priceless photos, as well as important information, stored on my computer. If my computer crashed, I'd pretty much be devastated.

When Bzzagent offered me a chance to try a free internet back-up program, I was a little leery, though. I was concerned about the level of security involved in storing my files as back-up on the world wide web. Was it really a safe enough option for me?

For a few days, I had made up my mind that I was going to pass on the opportunity. I just didn't trust it completely. However, the idea of losing all my important files kept eating at me.

When I decided to apply for college, taking my courses online, though, I realized it was even more important now than it previously was. I will soon be storing even more important documents on my computer, and I want to know that those documents are safe.

I finally gave in. I went to Bzzagent and signed up to test Carbonite. By using Carbonite to back up my files, I know that I won't have to worry about the possibility of my computer crashing again. Through some research, I found that my concerns about security were not really that big of an issue, as the site is very secure.

Best of all, backing up my files was much easier than my previous way of making disks of all my files. It was all so simple. I just had to download a small program, which then made it possible to load my files to my personal space on the Carbonite site. It took me less than five minutes to get started, and I was able to do my back-up while still doing other things online!

I really love how simple Carbonite made backing up my computer. It definitely is worth trying out. I'll be telling all my friends about it now (including my friend who now has her computer running again, minus her important documents).

No comments:

Post a Comment