Thursday, November 8, 2007

At Home Job

I was recently sent an offer for an at home job that I am considering. The company that offered the position specializes in household cleaning products, and they want me to send out notices about their products to a number of Mailing Lists. I've always heard that stuffing envelopes for companies like this doesn't really pay off, unless purchases are made from the people on your direct mailing lists.

However, this company seems a little different. While they don't pay based on sales, and instead pay a set amount, they do offer bonuses if people on the list make purchases. I'm guessing it's their way of insuring that the materials really get sent.

From what I'm told, the chances of actually getting the bonus are pretty high. The company gets their mailing lists from a company like Martin Worldwide, which specializes in creating mailing lists based on tracking and demographics, provided by the U.S. Consumer and U.S. Response databases, to find a list that best fits the needs of the company purchasing the lists. Their lists are carefully selected to make sure that the addresses purchased are of people who might better benefit from the product being offered.

One of my friends referred me to the company that offered me the position, and she told me that the lists have been well enough that she has received more than one bonus for purchases made by the people on her list. She says it has been worth her time and effort. I'm still not sure if I want to do this, but I am at least thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment