Thursday, November 29, 2007

Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp is such an incredible actor, and there aren't many roles that he can't pull off. I love the quirkiness of most of the characters that he plays. I loved him in Benny and Joon, where he played the strange but lovable Sam. He was mischievous, yet he had such an innocence to him. In his efforts to help out, he often caused more trouble, but he also brought a lot of much-needed humor to Benny & Joon's home. I especially loved the scene in the park where he gets Benny, and a whole crowd of people, to see him as a fun and entertaining person, rather than the annoying man that Benny got as a result of losing a poker game.

Everyone I know agrees that he was the perfect Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. He was insanely drunk and goofy while also trying to be the mean, evil pirate. No matter how hard he tried to be mean, there was always that little bit of his nice side trying to peek out. It only made the movie seem even greater! I loved the scene in The Curse of The Black Pearl when Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth are marooned on the island, and Jack is more concerned about finding his hidden bottles of liquor from his last stay on the island. It just goes to show how quirky he really was.

This December, Johnny Depp has a new role. He will be starring in the big screen version of the old musical Sweeny Todd. I was able to view the movie trailers online when I decided to visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site, and it looks like this is going to be another great role for Johnny Depp. I also decided to visit Sweeney Todd on Myspace for more information about the movie. Now I can't wait for the movie's release!





No comments:

Post a Comment