Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mixed feelings

Work was getting seriously slow for my husband recently. It was nice having him home more, but our budget was getting seriously hit. Due to some unfortunate circumstances with a couple of his coworkers, he is now temporarily doing both of their jobs on top of his own until either they return or they are replaced. It's meant some great overtime for my husband, though the two other guys weren't so lucky.

Something else has happened as a result of him working so much lately. I've become increasingly lonely for adult interaction. My Wednesdays at bowling are drawing to a close, and I'm finding I need more interaction than that anyway. I haven't been able to make it to a lot of play dates lately with the moms group, and I'm hoping that summer vacation will give me plenty of extra time to do just that. The kids need to be around other kids, and I need to be around other adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment