Friday, September 5, 2008

Our weightloss challenge

My mom's group is holding its own version of The Biggest Loser right now. A small group of us (13 out of the 1000+ people in the group) have each pitched $10 into a pool to award to the person crowned the biggest loser of the bunch. We began our first challenge on July 15 and will end it on October 15. I must say that the $130 prize has been a good incentive to keep working on the challenge.

In my effort to lose more weight, I've been searching for different weight loss helpers. I've been following Weight Watchers for the most part, though I've had a few Slim Fast shakes to fill in when I've needed to eat on the run. I've recently been sent an email about a diet that heart patients are advised to go on when they need to lose a lot of weight before surgery. I think I'm going to try that when we have a little extra money for me to spend on separate meals for me.

I've also thought about dietary supplements. I've looked at diet pills, but most scare me. I just found these great liquid supplements that help with energy, weight management, and even mental focus. I'm thinking about giving these a try. They are called Power of 3, and you can order a free sample from their site. I can't complain about trying it when it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment