Monday, September 8, 2008

An Update on School

School has been keeping me busy once again. I am currently taking 4 courses online (as I have the past two semesters). This time, I am taking American Literature, American Government, Human Communications, and Choices for Life (PE online).

As much as I love reading and writing, American Literature has not been as much fun as I thought it would be. So far, we're reading a lot of different pieces on explorers, native Americans, and the lives of the colonists. I thought there would be a lot more reading of more interesting stories and a lot less history involved. I mean, I expected some history, but I thought it would be more on the writers I have grown to love, not so much on the explorers and settlers. I am sure I will grow to love the course in the long run, but it is proving to be a challenge to stay focused right now.

American Government, by no surprise, isn't exactly my favorite course. The instructor rarely makes an appearance on the board, so it makes keeping up with the lessons a little bit of a challenge. It's hard to stay interested in a class, especially one that I really have little interest in, when there isn't much going on in the class to begin with. Hopefully it won't be too much of a challenge to keep interested, and I'll be able to do well in the class.

The most interactive class I have so far has been Human Communications. We've already turned in our first project, and we're working on our second now. We have to make our own web page for the class. I'm still trying to come up with exactly what I want to put on the web page, but I'm sure it will turn out well.

Choices For Life has been interesting so far. I wasn't sure how an online PE course could really work, but so far it has been fun. Mainly, it's like a health course. However, we had to create a behavior change contract for the course, and I used my weight loss goals for my moms group's weight loss challenge as my goal for the contract. I'm hoping it will be enough extra encouragement in both areas to help me stay motivated.

Speaking of motivated, it's about time for me to take my daily walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment