Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a crazy month

I have to say that September just keeps getting harder and harder! It started out with us thinking that our refrigerator had died. Thanks to a tip I found online, I was able to reset the fridge and it started working again. Unfortunately, my computer was hijacked two days later. I'm still fighting to get it at 100%, but at least I can use it again. Just as I was getting this problem out of the way, my dishwasher died on me. I had to buy a new one (thankfully, I had money come in that covered the cost already). Oh, and did I mention the door knob to the bathroom decided to quit working properly, requiring replacement, and then the doorway around the back door started leaking?

As if that wasn't enough, I've had to add a family emergency that had me scrambling to find someone to watch the kids so I could head out of town and my husband could still work. We're still not completely out of the woods with that situation, but I don't want to go too much into it until I know that there is some improvement.

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of losing one of our closest friends to leukemia. Even the kids are taking it a little hard right now. I can only imagine what his wife (my best friend) is going through right now.

Somehow, I have to keep September happy, though. Our Monster Man turned 8 this month, and our 10th anniversary is this weekend. I need to try to focus on making sure that the bad things in September don't outweigh the good. I will keep praying for a turn-around. I will pray that this month turns into one to remember for the good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment