Sunday, December 28, 2008

Need to catch up

I haven't been posting much this month, since everything was so hectic with Christmas and my birthday, and everything else in between. I wanted to catch up on my postcards here, though, and let everyone know that I am okay. I've had a couple people ask what happened to me and my blog, and I apologize for not posting sooner to make sure you knew it was still here.

I had stopped receiving postcards for a short period of time, but they are finally starting to roll in again. In the past week and a half, we've received five. I wanted to make sure I shared them all with you.

The first to arrive came from Germany. The front reads "Emsdetten in Westfalen". It features four buildings. It was sent from a mother of two kids living in a small German town. She also reported that they were ready for Christmas, and she sent wishes for a nice Christmas and New Year.


The next card came from the town of Pori in Finland. The card featured the precious picture of two children in vintage clothing. I really thought it was adorable! The sender is a young stay-at-home mom who was looking forward to celebrating her son's first Christmas. I hope it was as special as she was hoping it to be.


The next card to arrive came from Aimee in New York. She said she lives not far from the Corning Museum of Glass, and the card featured a Tiffany stained glass window that is on display there. What a gorgeous piece!


Next came a surprise card that was sent in return for the card that I sent to Miriam in Japan. The card she sent featured several traditional Japanese masks. It was a great surprise, and is an excellent addition to our collection!


The last card, which arrived yesterday, came from Lisa in Germany. The castle on the front, which is shown against a snowy background, looks like it came from a fairy tale. I really thought it looks beautiful, and the kids thought it looked magical. What a great card!



All of these are great, and we look forward to looking up more information about them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment