Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is less than a week away! This year, I'm being brave and hosting the big dinner in our new home. Since this is the first year that we've had a home big enough to comfortably hold our guests, we wanted to make sure we took the chance to have that special experience. I'm already looking forward to seeing how well it turns out (though I know I probably won't make it through without at least one thing going wrong... after all, what is Thanksgiving dinner without a hitch or two?). My hubby is frying two turkeys, which I will be injecting with different marinades. One will be butter creole with cajun seasoning sprinkled on top (our usual choice) while the other is going to be our first experience with a honey teriyaki marinade. We'll have the usual sides - sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment