Monday, December 21, 2009

So exciting

Yesterday, we had a family Christmas at my husband's aunt and uncle's house. My father-in-law's family comes together every year at Christmas for a big Christmas dinner, followed by gifts for all the children and for my husband's grandmother. This is an event that we look forward to every year, since we very rarely get to see everyone throughout the rest of the year.

This year's event was especially exciting. My hubby's aunt and uncle invited Santa to come to the party! He showed up right in time for presents, which he had put in his big red bag and passed out to the children. After presents, he gave us all the opportunity to take pictures with him. All the adults even took a turn! In fact, I think the adults were almost as excited about his arrival as the kids were. He ended his visit by reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas", where we all gathered around him.

We had such a great visit with my husband's extended family yesterday, and it was so nice to see them all. Santa's surprise visit made it even more special, and I know it will be talked about for quite some time in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment