Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thinking about Lasik

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Incendia Health. All opinions are 100% mine.



I started having vision problems when I was barely 9 years old. Within just a short period of time, it became clear that I needed glasses. As I got older, my eyes got worse. By the time I was in middle school, my glasses were so thick that I was embarrassed to wear them. After much debate, I finally managed to convince my parents that contacts were the solution for me... and just in time for my eighth grade year.

As an adult, I've come to realize that contacts don't always help as much as they should. Sometimes they dry out, making them uncomfortable. Sometimes, dust particles build up, blurring my vision. Not to mention the fact that contacts have to be replaced regularly, leading to costs that really add up.

That's when I began thinking that Lasik might be the answer for me. I would really enjoy the freedom of knowing I could fall asleep at night without first making sure to clean and store my contacts. Corrective surgery would mean that, should an emergency wake me up in the middle of the night, I know I can leave in a hurry without stopping to put in my contacts and without wearing my glasses, which I still find embarrassing, in public. While the initial cost seems a little high, it only takes a few minutes to realize that I would actually end up saving money on eye exams, glasses, contacts, and contact solution.

In my research for information on Lasik surgery, I ran across the iLASIK Video Contest which offers users a chance to make their own commercials about how Lasik can or has changed their lives. There are already some great submissions, and there is still time to enter. The winning videos will receive prizes such as a $5,000 grand prize, HDTV package first prize, or a Flip UltraHD camcorder second prize. All you have to do is enter a video and then encourage friends to vote.

Even if you don't want to enter the contest, the videos are still fun to check out. I'm sure the contestants would all appreciate some extra votes, and you just might just find out that you want to get more information on Lasik for yourself. It just might end up being one contest that changes your life for the better.

SocialSpark Disclosure Badge

No comments:

Post a Comment