Saturday, February 6, 2010

Already noticing a difference

We had just discovered that my thyroid was to blame for a lot of my health problems when my husband was laid off this past September. Since we lost our health insurance, I was unable to get in to see the endocrinologist, and that meant I was unable to get the medication I needed. I've been struggling ever since, getting mad that the problems had to continue while we wait for a new job with good benefits to pop up. I was beginning to think that my case was hopeless for now, that there was nothing I could do to improve my health while we looked for a job to come along. Diets and exercise weren't helping much at all, and I was getting really frustrated.

At bowling class this past Wednesday, I was talking to one of the ladies in my class. She mentioned that she had been going to the gym in hopes of losing some weight after having her baby, and that she'd experienced thyroid issues in the past. We got to talking more about the thyroid problems, and the treatments she had used. Then she told me that there were some natural remedies available at health food stores. She told me that they'd helped her a lot, making her feel a lot better and helping her lose the weight she'd previously struggled with.

Thursday morning, I went to the local health food store and bought some Thyroid Assist drops and Thyroid Active pills. I wasn't expecting to notice a difference anytime soon, but the results started kicking in yesterday (after only 24 hours!). I'm already noticing a huge increase in energy, and I feel a lot better than I had been feeling. I haven't noticed a change in weight yet (and I don't expect to for at least a couple weeks). I do weigh myself weekly, rather than daily, so I'll see how my weight has changed in the next couple of at home weigh-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment