Thursday, December 30, 2010

More changes to my blog

I finally made a big change to my blog today that I've been wanting to make for quite some time. I finally got around to building a playlist through Playlist.com to add songs that will play while my blog is being viewed. Some of the songs are just personal favorites, while some of the others hold personal meaning to me or my family.

The first song on the playlist is Brandon Heath's Wait and See. Angel Baby refers to this as her song. She has had ups and downs with her behavior, especially in recent years. (Thankfully she is getting back to being the Angel that we knew before her mood swings started up.) She says that this song helps her remember that, no matter how much trouble she manages to get herself into or how much she might struggle, that there is always hope for her to turn herself back around. God won't forget about her.

Monster Man's favorite song, Toby Mac's City on our Knees also made the list. Monster Man is a big Toby Mac fan, and this is the song that I often catch him belting out. As soon as it comes on the radio, he begs me to turn the song up so he can sing along.

One of my personal favorite songs right now is Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone). It's a twist on the more traditional version of Amazing Grace, and it really tells how I feel. Through God's grace, I feel like all the chains (the burdens, the emotional scars, my past sins) are lifted and taken away from me, giving me the ability to breath easier and live a much happier life.

Of course, the list wouldn't be complete without a couple of songs that bring me back to my teen years. Newsboys' Shine and Jesus Freak bring back such great memories from high school when my best friend and one of our other close friends (we made up the entire youth group at our small church) would get together for weekly sleepovers and listen to a local Christian station that hosted a Friday night radio program that we all enjoyed. My memories of the fun the three of us had during those sleepovers gives me so much to look forward to with Angel Baby and Monster Man as they start becoming active in our own church youth group (Angel Baby is already starting to get involved and Monster Man will move up this coming summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment