Friday, January 7, 2011

Snow again?!

I cannot believe that the weather forecast is calling for snow once again! We've gone years at a time with practically no snow at all, and we've already seen more than our usual share for this winter. Sunday night and into Monday, we're expecting 1 to 3 inches. It's amazing that we've seen so much and that it isn't even the time of year when we usually see the first snowflakes of the year.

The kids are getting really excited. The schools have already been talking about the possibility of a snow day for Monday, and my hubby's work has already told them to come in two hours late and to not come in at all if they can't make it. It sounds to me like the roads are going to ice up, which will make our hilly neighborhood unsafe for driving.

I guess I better get to the store tomorrow to get what groceries I need since the stores will be selling out of milk, eggs, and bread (the typical things that people stock up on in Georgia before snow). I'd avoid the stores if it wasn't for the fact that we're actually running low on certain items.

2 comments:

  1. No snow here....
    feel free to send some to southern Missouri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got stocked up with groceries yesterday and we are ready in case the electricity goes out. We are hoping for more snow and less ice!

    ReplyDelete