Saturday, February 19, 2011

Some new postcards


I received two postcards yesterday, along with a thank you card for a postcard that I had sent to another Postcrossing member just a couple of weeks ago. I am especially excited about all three of these since they included some fun stamps, some of which I'd never seen before.

This first postcard is from Aino in Finland. It features one of the Moomin characters that are popular in books and cartoons in Finland. It has been about two years since I've received a postcard with a Moomin character on it, and this was different from the others I've received. It was a great treat to receive this card.



This next card, featuring two cute long-haired guinea pigs with bows in their hair, was a thank you card from Alie in The Netherlands. The card is adorable, and it was special treat to receive a thank you card in return for one of the postcards that I sent.


This last postcard is from Brenda in Indiana. The covered bridge reflecting off the water looks so pretty and peaceful. The bridge was originally built over Honey Creek in Vigo County in 1847 and it was moved to Fowler Park in 1971. I think it's amazing that they were able to move the bridge and keep it steady, especially noting its age!


I had taken a bit of a break from Postcrossing over the past few months, and I am so excited to be back in the action. It's fun finding surprises like these in my mailbox once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment