Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stephanie Plum news

I am not usually one to use the word "wicked" in any way, shape, or form, and I've never really understood why some people use the term "wicked excited", but I think I get it now.  Why?  Because I am wicked excited about the new Stephanie Plum book coming out in June!  I own all of the books in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (One through Sixteen, plus all four of the Between the Numbers books), and I have been anxiously awaiting my first glimpse of Smokin' Seventeen on the bookshelves at the stores near me.  Today, I discovered that it was already listed on Amazon, and that it was available for pre-order at a discount price.  Combine that with my free two-day shipping, and it means that I will have Smokin' Seventeen almost as soon as it hits the stores and at a great price!

Equally exciting for me is the One For The Money movie, coming to theaters in July.  When Janet Evanovich published the first of the Stephanie Plum novels so many years ago (back around 1994), the movie rights were purchased almost immediately.  It wasn't until last year that they finally got around to making this long-awaited movie.  I cannot wait to see Stephanie's antics come alive on the big screen.  I usually don't get to see movies while they are in the theater, but this is one movie that I plan on making an exception for!

3 comments:

  1. I love these books, too! and I had NO IDEA they were making a Stephanie Plum movie! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out via the Janet Evanovich fan page on Facebook. I've seen a few pictures of the cast, and it looks like most of the cast will fit the parts really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I've never read any of these series I have read others and so I can understand the excitement when the next volume becomes available.

    ReplyDelete