Tuesday, March 15, 2011

THE call

Early this year, Angel Baby auditioned for America's Got Talent.  Those of us at the auditions were being told two different dates that we should hear back about.  Some of the judges were telling us we'd hear back by February 15 as to whether or not we went to the next level.  Some of the judges were saying March 15.  Recently, the Atlanta auditions page was changed to state that we should hear by the end of March.  Needless to say, the wait has been long and we've been anxious to know if we are going to get that call or not.

As you can imagine, I practically jumped this morning when my cell phone rang (few people other than friends and family have my cell number, and AGT is one of those that does), especially once I looked at the ID and it said the call was coming from California.  I was hoping that it was the call we'd been waiting for, and I could just imagine telling Angel Baby when she got home from school today.  Of course, the second I answered the phone, I lost my signal.  The caller hung up after I'd only heard "Is this the.."  Nope, didn't even get to hear who he was asking about.  I was so concerned that I'd missed THE call.

I called the number back after I finally got a signal again.  After all the excitement, it turned out the caller had dialed the wrong number.

2 comments:

  1. OK, you have Monster Man and Angel Baby, but what do you call the hubby?

    That call was a real bummer, hope you get through to the next stage.

    Tweet me when you reply to this, with a link to the post, so I can satisfy my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Sire, I don't Tweet, so I'll have to let you know in another way. I have Angel Baby, Monster Man, and Little Man. My hubby is usually referred to as 'My hubby". lol

    ReplyDelete