Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

I mentioned not too long ago about the deal we got on tickets for the Atlanta Thrashers on Kids Zone day.  Our Thrashers hockey tickets also came with tickets to Zoo Atlanta and the Georgia Aquarium.  This morning, Georgia Boy and I decided to take advantage of the zoo tickets in order to enjoy some family time in the beautiful weather we are having.

Today's temps reached the high 70s.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky.  There was just enough of a breeze to offer some relief whenever the sun was bearing directly down upon us.  The day was gorgeous, and we were so excited to spend it outside doing something we could all enjoy!

When I first told the kids we were going to the zoo, Little Man informed me that he didn't want to see any elephants.  Upon further questioning, I managed to get an answer from him that had me rolling in laughter.  He was afraid to see the elephants because he was afraid that they might sneeze on him!  It didn't take long for him to get over that fear, and he was soon dragging ME to the elephant habitat to see the elephants as close as he could possibly get to them.

We all enjoyed the outing, though everyone but Little Man was disappointed by how short the train ride (at $2.50 per person) was.  It seemed that we barely had time to sit down before the ride was over.  Everything else, though, was a lot of fun.  I am now looking forward to taking the kids there myself over the summer (many of the Atlanta area libraries are offering a family pass for four free tickets to the zoo which I plan on taking advantage of at least once this summer).

No comments:

Post a Comment