Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A non-cheesy Cinco de Mayo day party


Guest post written by Heather Weathers

When I think of a Cinco De Mayo party, I normally think of lots of cheesy mexican decorations everywhere and margaritas. Well, I decided that when I threw a Cinco De Mayo party at my home this year, it would be a little more authentic. I've embraced the cheesy version of the party in the past, but this year I want to do something a little different.

In my pursuit to be a little more true to mexican heritage, I decided to look online to get some ideas. While I was looking for inspiration, I came across some info on Texas Electricity Providers. I read through it and after I showed it to my h! usband, I decided to sign up for one of the energy plans that I found with it.

I made a playlist of mexican music to play during the party, which I think will be really cool. Also, I've found some easy sounding recipes for traditional mexican foods that I think will be a big hit at the party. But then of course, I'm serving Cerva too. It just wouldn't be a proper Cinco De Mayo party without that!

No comments:

Post a Comment