Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Great for the Kids

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of TracFone for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
I've kind of been against my kids having their own cell phones.  Sometimes it really bothers me to see kids with their own phones, losing the ability to communicate effectively outside the realm of text messaging and other technology.  And it never ceases to amaze me when I hear parents complaining about their kids talking and texting so much that the parents receive an unexpectedly high cell phone bill.  Oftentimes, the kids don't really have that much sense of responsibility when it comes to budgeting out a limited amount of minutes or texts, making them last through the month.  After all, it's parents who pay the bills and know how to budget appropriately.
When Angel Baby came home from school one day last year to announce that her language arts class would be using cell phones as part of their curriculum, spending time once a week on texting parents to let them know what they had learned each week (the concept behind that being that it was supposed to encourage the kids to write using a form of technology that has become so much a part of our society), I must admit that I wasn't too thrilled with the idea.  While I understand that it would encourage the kids to practice their 'writing' skills, I didn't think it was an appropriate way to educate the students.  And I wasn't thrilled at all with the idea of having to pay a cell phone bill.
Thankfully, I am one the the real TracFone customers that knows that I don't have to spend a fortune cell phone bills.  TracFone phones have so many features, like phones with a QWERTY keyboard that would allow Angel Baby to more easily type the messages she wanted to share with me.  There were no contracts, so I would've been able to stop paying for minutes once her school year ended if I desired.  Best of all, I could pay just $10 a month to be able to get enough minutes for her to text me and make a few other calls.  I've recently discovered that allowing her to have a prepaid phone could also come in handy when she is down the street at her friend's house, so that I can call her when it is time to come home if she has lost track of time and not returned home on time.
For real TracFone customers like me, it came as a relief to know that there is a way to have a cell phone plan for my sometimes irresponsible pre-teen (aren't all pre-teens irresponsible at times?) without having to worry about her going overboard on her texting or calls.  TracFone is perfect for kids getting their first phones!



Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment