Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gotta have a back-up

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carbonite for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I remember a time, not too long ago, when we realized that the desktop computer the kids had been using (a computer that I had used for many years myself before I'd finally purchased a laptop) wasn't going to be around much longer.  It would take what seemed like forever to start up, only to freeze at the most inopportune times.  Sometimes, while they were writing essays for school, it would completely crash.  If they were lucky, they would have already saved some of their work, as I'd taught them to do every few minutes, and they wouldn't lose what they'd been writing.  Many times, they would have to start writing their essays all over again.

When their computer started having so many problems, I started becoming very concerned about having a computer backup.  I had so many precious photos of the kids stored on that computer - photos that couldn't be replaced if the computer suddenly died.  As a writer, I also had stories that I'd been working on saved under my documents.  The thought of losing it all was scary to me.  I began a three-day process of saving all my photos and documents, as well as a few music files of Angel Baby singing, to a rather large selection of CDs.

It wasn't until after I'd gone through this process that I discovered the benefits of Carbonite.  With Carbonite, those files that I find so important would have automatically been backed-up any time that I was connected to the internet.  Carbonite's online backup stores the content securely on their own databases, allowing the user to access the files from their computer, iPad, or smart phone, thanks to the free Carbonite app. 

Carbonite is a great service that I know will help me breath easier when it comes to protecting those treasured photos, the stories I write, and our school assignments.  We will no longer have to worry about the possibility of something happening to our computer.  And thanks to the promotion code "BLOGAD", we will get two free months with purchase of their service (and so can you!), should we decide to buy after our 15-day trial ends (no credit card required for the trial).  It's great to know we can have such valuable back-up when we need it!

Carbonite Online Backup

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment