Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some more postcards

I realized earlier that I had several postcards that never ended up getting shared here.  I figured I would take a moment to get these added while I could.


This first card came to us from Elena in Moscow, Russia.  Elena is a stay-at-home mom of two young sons.  I thought this card she sent was precious!


This next postcard came to us from Julio in Argentina.  He reports that this is a peckerwood (I'm sure the equivalent of a woodpecker).  I love the fuzzy little head!


This card came to us from Ari in Finland.  This postcard shows a picture from Joutsa's Church, constructed in 1813.  What a beautiful image of Christ on the cross!


This card came to us from Asuka in Japan.  The image on the front is of Miyagi Gokoku Shrine in Northeast Japan.  Asuka reports that Miyagi was most damaged by the earthquake on March 11, but that they must try for recovery.  I am praying that their recovery goes well!


This neat card came to us from 11-year-old Emily in Germany.  She likes playing tennis, basketball, and guitar, as well as riding horses.  It was nice to read about her interests.


Uh-oh!  This naughty little kitty on a mission came to us from Vanessa, who also lives in Germany.  What a fun card to receive!


This last postcard came to us from Dimas in Brazil.  Dimas reports that this postcard came from a city whose name means "black gold" because of all the gold that was found in the area in the 1600s.  It's a very old and important city.  Another great postcard!

No comments:

Post a Comment