Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stomach flu!

The stomach flu has been making its way through town, hitting fast and hard anyone that dares to stand in its path.  We thought we were doing a good job avoiding it, but it hit our house last night.  We were supposed to go with our church for middle school visitations last night, stopping to visit other middle school students that had visited our church or attend it but not regularly.  When Angel Baby and Monster Man got off the bus, we got a few quick chores done and sat down for dinner, wanting to make sure we ate before we left to meet the others at church.  As soon as Angel Baby finished her dinner, she rushed to the bathroom.

Needless to say, we didn't make it to the visitations last night.  Georgia Boy still wasn't home from work, and I certainly couldn't leave my sick little girl home alone to wait for her daddy while I took the boys to church with me.  And, to be honest, I didn't want to take the chance of her germs being on any of us, making the other kids at church sick.

Monster Man, who was looking forward to going to the visitation last night, was not happy at all about having to miss it, and I felt bad telling him he'd have to stay home.  It was one of those torn-Mommy moments, when you're stuck between a rock and hard place because you know one of your kids will be upset either way and you can't be both places at once.  One of those moments you truly dread.  I hated seeing my baby girl so miserably sick, but I also hated seeing my sweet little boy so heartbroken.  It took over an hour before he was able to accept that we weren't able to go and that his sister couldn't help that she was sick.

Angel Baby is still miserable this morning.  So far, she is the only one to get sick.  We're investing in Lysol and bleach this morning, sanitizing the house from top to bottom in hopes of preventing anyone else from getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment