Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

While I am very disappointed that we didn't have much of a winter this year, I am really starting to enjoy the fact that spring is here.  Windows are open (though we have to limit how many thanks to the pollen that keeps covering everything it can come in contact with).  Shorts and short-sleeved t-shirts have been pulled out of boxes and are already being worn.  I've traded in my sneakers for sandals, unless I'm working in the yard or playing on the ball field.  Softball season is starting up.  Best of all, my yard has become full of color!

I've taken an interest in photographing our flowering trees and bushes from various angles, trying to make the most of the colors that have transformed my yard.  Azaleas, dogwoods, and a weeping cherry are among the many flowering plants in our yard, and I'm so excited to see them in bloom.

Our azaleas come in many colors, shapes, and sizes






We used to have a full-grown Japanese cherry blossom, until the power company cut it down.  They replaced it with this weeping cherry that we thought was near death.  We were thrilled to see it in bloom this year, and we're enjoying watching the blooms change colors.




We have two different colored dogwoods



We had a tree tip over in the ravine next to our house.  We were surprised to find this flowering tree that we'd never seen before in the yard.


While it isn't a flowering tree, our Japanese maple has added its share of color to the yard, too.


Pollen has covered everything!  It's even visible on the ivy leaves.



At least the bees are getting to put the pollen to good use!


No comments:

Post a Comment