Friday, July 20, 2012

The Summer That Got Away - Part 2


Since the previous post wouldn't allow me to post any more pictures, here is the rest of our summer thus far...

We had a family get-together at the lake house of one of Georgia Boy's aunts and uncles.  It was a beautiful day, and it was so nice to spend the extra time with family.






We spent a few days camping just south of North Carolina.  We had a family reunion in North Carolina, but we spent much of the time in Georgia, as well.  The scenery was beautiful!












On the way home from our camping trip, we took the kids to Babyland General Hospital, birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kids.  I always loved visiting there when I was a girl, and I've taken my kids a couple of times.  This was our first time visiting their new location.  We got to watch two 'births' during our visit, which all three of my kids enjoyed.

















Nine days from now (I'm reminded every day of what the current count is), Monster Man heads off to his favorite place on earth... Camp Twitch and Shout.  He is looking forward to being back with his friends at the camp, and I know it will do him a lot of good to be there for the week.

Sadly, the last day of camp for Monster Man is also the first day of school for Angel Baby and Little Man.  Monster Man won't be returning to school with them this year, as I've opted to keep him home and use Georgia Cyber Academy while we work through some Tourette Syndrome related issues.  This should be an interesting school year for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment