Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Honesty

I discovered this morning just how honest of a child my Little Man is.  I walked him to the bus stop, just as I always do, and we were waiting for the bus to arrive.  The man next door came out to take out his trash, and (trying to play with my little boy) asked Little Man if he had any money in his pockets.  Little Man giggled at first, but then he got really serious and his eyes got really wide as our neighbor went back into his house.  He looked at me and said "Mom, I've got to tell you something."

He told me that he'd found some money at a family reunion we went to on Sunday.  He said he'd tried to find the relative that owned the house so he could give the money to her, but he couldn't find her and put the money in his pocket.  I'd swallowed a quarter when I was little and had gotten it lodged in my throat, and Little Man knew that I didn't like him walking around with coins in his hands.  He forgot it was there when we finally did find her when we got ready to leave.  He was very concerned to realize that the money was still in his pocket in the hamper.  He said he needed to return it.

With the look on his face - still so very serious - I was a little worried as to how much money he'd found.  When I asked him how much it was, he told me that it was a quarter.  My poor Little Man was worried about 25 cents that he'd forgotten was in his pocket.

It's times like this that make me realize how truly blessed I am to have such an honest little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment