Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another smile brought to you by Little Man

Sometimes, we can all use a little extra smile to make our day brighter.  With the way things have been going the past few days, I have to say that I was more than a little thankful that my Little Man was able to bring a smile to me with a conversation we recently had.  I hope it will bring a smile to your face, too.

Little Man: "Mom, do they have school in China?"
Me: "Yes, Little Man.  They have school in China.  They have school just about everywhere."
Little Man:  "Do they have school in Kansas?"
Me:  "Yes, they have school in Kansas."
Little Man: "Oh, come on!  Where DON'T they have school?"

Apparently, Kansas is just as far away in his little mind as China is.  (This is something he's actually working on in school right now, so hopefully it won't be long before he understands that Kansas is a state here in the United States while China is a nation so very far away.)  I'm guessing first grade must be so much harder than kindergarten if he's interested in finding a place with no school... Someone told me the answer is Antarctica. I don't think we'll move there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds to me like he wants to move to a place that doesn't have a school ;)

    ReplyDelete