Thursday, October 18, 2012

As Promised and More

I recently posted an image of a postcard that we'd received from a Postcrossing member in Poland.  I mentioned that I wasn't thrilled with the way that the picture turned out, since I'd snapped the photo with my camera phone rather than scanning the image.  I finally managed to get the postcard scanned today, so I wanted to share it here.  I'm posting both the before (taken with my phone) image and the after (scanned image) so you can see just how much using my phone took away from the beauty of the postcard.

Before:


After:


We also received two more postcards from Postcrossing members across the globe.


This first card came to us from a Postcrossing member in Beijing, China.  The picture on the front of the card shows the Garden of Consolation of Mothers.  It looks very pretty against the snowy background!


This second card came to us from a Postcrossing member in Germany.  According to the card, it is Ehemalige Stiftskirche Rottenbuch, which the sender tells me is an old church in Germany.  As far as I can tell by the dates on the card (the information imprinted on the card is all in German), it was established between 1737 and 1750!

No comments:

Post a Comment