Friday, November 9, 2012

Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia

 

 I have always loved seafood... Fish, shrimp, lobster, crab... Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. When Bzzagent recently gave me the opportunity to try Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia for free, I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity!

Our local Kroger carries two flavors of the Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia.  There is an original flavor and then one with herbs (sorry, I cannot remember the names of the flavors off the top of my head right now).  Using a coupon for my freebie, I picked up the herb flavored tilapia, as well an additional box (there are 4 fillets in each box) of the same flavor.  The night that we cooked them, we followed the cooking instructions and then served it with potatoes and veggies.  It made a quick and easy dinner, especially on a busy night, and I couldn't wait to sit down and enjoy the meal.

I was not at all disappointed with the tilapia.  It was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of crispiness.... not soft or rubbery like some of the other frozen fish products I've tried in the past.  It was perfectly flaky, which I also loved, and I thought the flavor was delicious.  Angel Baby, Monster Man, and Little Man, however, weren't thrilled with the flavor.  They thought it had a little too much citrus flavor for their taste, and they decided to cover the taste with ketchup (I don't think ketchup should ever go on fish, but they liked it for whatever reason).  Once they added the ketchup, they loved it.

I'm so thankful that my kids have grown up liking fish, especially with as much as I like to eat it.  Thank you, Bzzagent and Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia, for giving us a new dinner option that we all can enjoy on busy nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment