Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Birds of a feather play soccer together

Okay, so I admit it is kind of a corny title; but it got your attention, didn't it?  So you may wonder what birds and soccer have to do with each other, and it's really quite simple.  We received two new postcards today with those two themes.


This first postcard, titled 'Fauna of Belarus', came to us from Svetlana, who lives in Belarus.  According to the back of the postcard, these birds are white storks.  I guess they already delivered all the babies they needed to deliver for the day.


The second postcard came to use from Anita in the Netherlands.  She is a math teacher with a 7-year-old son that loves to play soccer.  She reports that they go to the soccer fields 3 times a week for practice and games.

It is so great to see some variation in the themes of our postcards.  We are still loving our Postcrossing adventures, and we look forward to receiving our next surprise in the mailbox!

3 comments:

  1. I like the postcards and what you said about them. Didn't realize people still mailed post cards...guess that's one thing e-mail has not made obsolete except in my circle. I think the next time someone I know is going on a trip I'm going to say, "send me a postcard!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the great thing about Postcrossing (www.postcrossing.com)! The site allows you to send and receive postcards from all over the world. It's free to use, just costs you a postcard and a stamp, and it's always fun to be surprised by where your next postcard will come from. We've received over 300 postcards in the last 4 years, but how many you receive depends on how many you send.

      Delete
  2. Hey Allie, I reckon I like the bird postcard the best, although normally they're not the sort of birds I'm interested in :D

    ReplyDelete