Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Just a quick catch-up post

I realize that I haven't posted much in the last year, and I apologize for that.  Life has a way of getting very hectic, and it seems to have gotten the best of me in the last several months.

Last school year, I worked in a special education classroom at a local elementary school.  The job was physically demanding, so I came home from work worn out every day.  I loved the kids and the classroom. There were a lot of ups and downs (mainly ups), and it's a job that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of time over the last several months dealing with health issues.  I'd been dealing with a large lump on my thyroid for a couple of years.  I was originally told that it was a goiter that would eventually need to be removed, but that there was no hurry.  When I went for a follow-up last fall, it was discovered that it was growing much faster than expected, and there was concern about the possibility of cancer.  I had to have half my thyroid removed, and I've been able to breath much easier since it's removal as it was discovered that the lump was actually putting pressure on my windpipe.

Since having my thyroid surgery, I've been struggling with a series of illnesses.  Most recently, I've had shingles to add to the list of illnesses that I've been fighting.  To top it all off, I'm still battling with weight issues that we thought would be able to be resolved after my surgery.  We're still looking for answers there.

The kids have been keeping us busy.  Little Man played softball this spring, while both Angel Baby and Monster Man were active in their school choruses.  When the school year ended in late May, I thought I'd finally have a chance to catch up on a few things.  Instead, I've had a trip to Florida to pick up my mom, a visit from my sister and her family, a family trip to St Simons Island, and camp activities for the kids and our family.  We've been running almost non-stop, and school starts again in 10 days!

Needless to say, I'm still not getting a lot of time to sit down and write, but I intend to work on that.  I plan to be posting on my blog a lot more from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment