Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Postcrossing

Since we knew that we'd be moving, I put a hold on our Postcrossing account.  I didn't want postcards to be lost in the shuffle of the move, especially when we didn't know where we'd be moving.  As a result, I haven't had any postcards to share for quite some time.  That's about to change.  Last week, I took the hold off of our account, updated our address in their system, and requested several addresses to send postcards to.  In addition to those, I've also had a request for a direct swap from someone here in the state of Indiana.  This morning, I put all of those postcards in the mailbox, where they will be picked up and sent to China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Belarus, Russia, Germany, The Netherlands, The United Kingdom, Portugal, and North Carolina (yes, they even get sent within the United States sometimes), in addition to the card being sent within Indiana and two cards being sent to family in Georgia.  We are now looking forward to receiving more postcards from around the world, and we cannot wait to find out where our next postcard will be coming from.

Below are a few pictures of the postcards that I've sent out this time.  Our area is highly Amish-populated, so the only cards that I could find around here all had Amish life as their theme, and there weren't even a lot of those.  I am hoping to find more choices soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment